Damietta, Egypt

We arrived safely in Damietta on Friday evening. The Lufthansa flight was uneventful and comfortable. We had a quick layover in Frankfurt then a four hour flight to Cairo. It was very nice to have an Egyptian host greet us at the airport in Cairo and take us through Customs in just a few minutes. I was sooo sleepy since I couldn't sleep on the plane for some reason. Maybe it was the champagne I drank which gave me a slight headache. I rarely drink on a plane but the champagne was good! Watched "The Duchess" and read books on my Kindle. I slept a little on the three-hour drive from Cairo to Damietta. The road runs parallel to the Suez Canal and we could see across the canal to the Sinai Peninsula. Close to Damietta is the "Sea of Reeds", actually a lake that some say may be the "Red Sea" that Moses parted during the Hebrews exodus from Egypt. All this fascinating history around us. We're driving to Alexandria this weekend - can't wait! It's nice to be here with Bobby - we're having a good time together. Our apartment is brand new and very comfortable. It's an 8 unit building and the Methanex group are their first tenants. The landlord and his wife brought us flowers and fresh fruits and vegetables when we arrived. They speak a few words of English and we speak even less of Arabic, so we did alot of smiling and nodding. They are the sweetest couple and are so proud of their new building.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings All Year Long!