First Sleepover

Yes, we all survived our first sleepover with Leah and Molly. Bobby and I brought them back from Austin to Cypress with us on Saturday morning. They spent the night with us, then on Sunday afternoon, we met Maggie and Jay (and Dylan) in Giddings, which is about half-way. The girls were fine, but I think Mommy really missed her babies, since it was the first time they had been away from her overnight. But this gave M&J time to bond with little Dylan and get some much-needed rest.

On Saturday we played, took a walk and visited with neighbors; and made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner (the girls had fun making the meatballs but they had even more fun flattening them out again. Sort of like ground meat Playdoh?). Molly even had a little "meatball tartar" which I managed to get out of her mouth before she swallowed it! They slept on a pallet on the floor in our room for most of the night. There was some up and down, musical sleeping going on and I think I even slept on the floor for a while! They were up early for them (6:30 a.m.) but we needed all that time before church to eat and dress. You forget how much work it is getting little ones ready to go anywhere! Of course they were a big hit at church.
Being the social butterflies that they are, they headed to the front row but we corralled them to the second row, near the back door for easy escape. I had crayons and coloring pages to keep them occupied and those worked great. I decided to take them out during the sermon, even though they were being very quiet. I just knew they wouldn't make it through Pastor Bill's sermon without making a commotion of some sort - it's hard for ME to manage that! After the sermon, we noisily "slipped" back inside to take Communion. They sang along on the hymns and were so cute singing "Standing on the Promises" - all that repetition makes it a fun song to sing. Their cousin, Lizzie, teaches the 3's Sunday School class and they really enjoyed being with her and the other children.

After church we had lunch and watched the Disney version of "Cinderella". While they are into the "princesses falling in love and getting married" thing right now, they did NOT like Cindy's dress getting torn apart by the wicked step-sisters. It is rather upsetting now that I think about it! They are slowly being introduced to the classic animated movies but Maggie and Jay are careful about which ones they watch at this age. No "Bambi" for us right now - too many questions to answer and besides, Bobby is STILL traumatized by Bambi's mom getting...you know...MURDERED IN COLD BLOOD!

We are already planning for the next special weekend with the girls, maybe 2-3 nights when Bobby comes home in April. Gosh, we better start eating our Wheaties right now!

Comments

The Fendleys said…
What a cute little boy. Granddaddy looks so happy holding him. I'm glad you survived the girls first sleep over. Now they are sure to want to come every weekend. So your right...you better stock up on the Wheaties.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Blessings All Year Long!